Happy Memorial Day Weekend, friends!
It’s hard to believe the year is pretty much half over. For some of you, this means shorts and t-shirts weather. For those of us in Seattle, the jackets are still in full-rotation, but, we are starting to see the sun more.
Regardless, I’m skipping out a little early today to maximize the long weekend and hope to spend some time on my bike outside instead of indoors on the trainer. I was thinking of hopping into a duathlon next weekend, but have opted to pass this time. My bike fitness is good, but I haven’t been running, which is my limiter to begin with, so the prudent thing is to start running again and pick a race a little later in the summer. I am not always prudent, but in this case, I didn’t want to be first off the bike and last in from the run!
Here are some tidbits I found interesting from this past week:
- Want to get a handle on your food budget and spend less while eating more (who doesn’t?). Well, Emily’s got you covered with her new ebook, which has tips, tricks, worksheets, and a menu planner. Check it out!
- Small farmer made criminal for supplying real food. It’s not a secret that pasteurizing milk pretty much robs it of its inherent vitamins and minerals, but, in our modern day society raw milk is very hard to come by. I see mental images of people slinking around in the dark of night to get their weekly milk. We don’t drink dairy milk anymore (almond is our preferred alternative), but there are those out there that are passionate about obtaining their raw milk. Unfortunately, depending on the state in which you live, this may be illegal. Alas, this small farmer is in the spotlight for his food club which provides about 200 members with raw milk, among other items.
- The Obstacle is the Path. This is a great reminder that often times, the obstacle in our way is exactly what we need to deal with to grow.
- Beet Kale Juice. I’m sharing this one because the kid in this picture is so ridiculously cute I can’t stand it!
- Sugarland guitarist racing Ironman on a plant-powered diet, and a green drink recipe. I am a Sugarland fan (you can take the girl out of Texas…) and was happy to see this feature article about their guitarist. When his mother faced cancer, he lost a bunch of weight, changed his diet, and started racing Ironman. Check out his “Frog Swamp” green drink breakfast recipe at the end of the post.
- A cat that sounds like a baby goat. Again, the cuteness factor here is too much!
Have a great weekend, stay safe, and I’ll catch you next week!