Random Friday Thoughts–January 17, 2013 EditionAngela | January 18, 2013
Following up on last week’s Friday post, I am thinking of starting a new weekly series, aptly called “Random Friday Thoughts,” because well, I have lots of random thoughts, and Fridays seem like a good day to share the randomness.
- I am hooked on these Hail Merry Macaroon treats right now. They are ridiculously good. So good, in fact, that I am dead set on somehow re-creating them, because they are not exactly cheap. The blonde flavor is my favorite, but chocolate is good too. They are gluten free and raw, which I just an added bonus. For all our sakes, I hope I can make a DIY version!
- I have been eating a big salad ( I mean BIG) for lunch every day for the last 2.5 months. I have never felt better and really want to talk more about big salads. All in good time, all in good time.
- 2Chili and I are both back to training, which means there is more focus on…eating. I have been whipping up lots of good stuff around here! After not having a non-kitchen for four months due to the remodel, a functioning temporary kitchen in the laundry room is a real treat. You learn what you really need when you don’t have some of the most basic things most people expect in a home! I am so thankful to have a double burner and a nice, clean sink to clean up. It’s the little things, no question.
- Speaking of laundry room, we didn’t quite finish it last weekend. It is sooooo close. We are at the last .2 miles of our little laundry room marathon. I am antsy to show you before and after pictures, but, I don’t want to jinx it by promising we are going to finish this weekend. So, I’ll just surprise you one day soon and post photos of what I think is one of the coolest laundry rooms ev-ah!
- Did you win my 1 million page view celebration? I have sent emails to all of the winners, but haven’t heard back. I wonder if my email went to your junk folders, but who knows. Please contact me if you won so I can send you your prize! I’ll give it a week or so, and then draw new winners if needed.
- I am getting back into yoga and trying to practice 20 minutes every morning. Right now, I’m doing this Rodney Yee series. Do you have a DVD or yogi you particularly like?
And, I think that’s it – a virtual brain dump of mostly meaningless information!
I hope you have a lovely and restful weekend! If you need me, I’ll be on the business end of a paint roller, hoping to check off our first interior room of this crazy remodel. Cheers!