Simple Green Juice to Feel Better Fast
Do you ever get a case of the “blahs?” I certainly do.
Right now is a very busy time for me at work. It’s not a surprise – June is always insanely crazy, and then July calms back down. It’s as predictable as can be, but still knocks me out. I can fall into the “blahs” during this time because I get out of my normal routine and spend way too much time at my desk.
My solution for a quick pick-me-up? A super-charged and delicious green juice that only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes to make.
- 3-4 handfuls chopped kale
- 1 large ripe pear (the riper the better)
- 2-3 handfuls baby carrots
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Run the first three ingredients through your juicer in the order listed
- Squeeze lemon juice into the mixture at the very end (I use a mesh sieve to prevent getting seeds in the juice)
The ripe pear makes this nice and sweet, while the kale and carrots provide a nutritional punch that you can feel quickly.
If you want to make this in your Ninja blender, you certainly can. Either add 1 cup of water and strain out the pulp, or, add a handful of ice and make a whole food juice. The second option would definitely be more of a meal replacement because you’ll be getting a whole lot of fiber.