Project Food Budget: Week 15
This has been an interesting week. 2Chili has been off on a remote island in British Columbia tending to some business. And, pleasure. He sent quite a nice photo to illustrate his very hard life. Too bad his little getaway ended yesterday – I think he was getting quite used to commuting by kayak.
For a few days I was on my own to cook and eat whatever I wanted! I had lots of things he wouldn’t like, such as split pea soup, big bowls of mixed up stuff, and, brownies with zucchini in them.
Oh, and I got my tabouleh!
The budget is kind of a non-event this week. And I don’t really have any commentary! It is a monumental day!
|Trader Joe’s||Qty.||Extended Price ($)|
|TJ’s Mini Frosted Shredded Wheats||1||$2.99|
|TJ’s Frosted Flakes||1||$1.99|
|Canned Pineapple Chunks||1||$1.29|
|Ultimate Vanilla Wafers||1||$3.99|
|Fat Free Organic Milk, 1/2 Gallon||1||$2.99|
|Organic Brown Rice Rice Cakes||1||$2.49|
|White Button Mushrooms||1||$1.49|
|Mini Milk Chocolate Bars||2||$3.49|
|Mini Dark Chocolate Bars||1||$1.79|
|Veg “Ground Beef”||1||$2.99|
|Unbleached All Purpose Flour||1||$2.99|
|Greek Yogurt, 32 oz||1||$4.99|
|Roasted Unsalted Peanuts||1||$2.29|
|Organic Green Bell Peppers||2||$2.79|
Menu for the Week:
- Monday: Big bowl of random (post to come about what makes an awesome bowl of random things)
- Tuesday: Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Wednesday: Split Pea Soup and Tabouleh (I should note it is still cold and rainy in the NW, hence my soup craving!)
- Thursday: Soft Tacos
- Friday: Beer Base Pizza – I should probably get some beer! Or, not. This recipe works fine without beer too.
- Saturday: Some sort of pasta dish – I am running a half marathon on Sunday – need to fuel up!
- Sunday: Probably an out-to-eat night
- Emily Levenson
- Maria Marz
- Veggie Converter
- Dairy-Free Cooking
- Motor City Girl In the Steel City
- Veggie Burgher
- The Happy Cactus
- The Vegetarian Salmon
- Newly Vegan
- Always Sick and Tired
- Veggie on the Cheap
- MeloMeals: Vegan For $3.33 A Day
- A Guy, A Girl, And a Dinner Plate
- The Amateur Low Carb Flexitarian
- The Veggie Life
- Caroline Cain Holistic Health
- Going Veggie
- Under The Apple Tree