Banana Cream Pie Blender Ice Cream
When I think of banana cream pie, I am instantly transported back to 1991 and my high school cafeteria.
Banana cream pie day was usually on Wednesdays, and I don’t think I’ve had a slice since those days, because I realized what went into the pie to make it “cream.” I have pretty much have stayed away since.
Fast forward 20 years, and I devised a pretty easy banana cream pie fix that isn’t too bad for you and is an easy treat. The best part is you only need two ingredients.
I pretty much always have frozen bananas on hand, and for some reason one day, I decided to add light coconut milk to my grocery order. It turns out, the two marry well when blended at high speeds. I hope you enjoy this idea!
Test Kitchen Tuesday’s Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream
Time Required: 5 minutes
Skill Level (out of 5):
Makes: 2 Servings
- 1 cup light coconut milk (the kind in a can that you would use for Thai food cooking)
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped into halves or quarters
- Pour coconut milk into high speed blender
- Add halved bananas into blender
- Blend on medium-high until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency
- For hard ice cream, freeze for about 4 hours or overnight
- Calories: 195
- Total Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 25.2mg
- Carb: 29g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugars: 16.4g
- Protein: 1.3g