Tropical Paradise Salad
I’ve had to get fairly creative with food prep lately due to the Be Well cleanse I’ve been doing (review coming Monday). It’s not because the food on the cleanse is hard to make or even that restrictive, it’s just that, well…we have no kitchen.
As a result, I have really perfected how much produce I can maintain in our little dorm-sized fridge, and I prepare salads and other simple dishes to bring with me wherever 2Chili ends up wanting to eat for the day. Amazingly, with proper space management, you can fit quite a lot into a little fridge!
This is one of my favorite salads of late. It reminds me of a warmer place, as Seattle in winter can get kind of dreary (did I just state the complete obvious?). I love fruit mixed with salad, and this combination of mango and coconut with the greens and peppers really works!
- 2-3 handfuls mixed greens
- 1/4 cup sliced raw mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted coconut (from Trader Joe’s – addictive!)
- 2 T raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup of cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato, if you have it available
- Simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing (minus the jam during the cleanse)
This salad packs a nutritional punch, including lots of fiber, a spectrum of vitamins, healthy fats, potassium, and protein from the quinoa.
Nutritional Info for Salad Only, No Dressing
Click Image to Enlarge
I’ll be back on Monday with my thoughts on the Be Well cleanse. Have a great weekend all!