Super Easy Summer Burrito Bowl Filling
Something about summer makes me lazy in the kitchen. The idea of dirtying multiple dishes is unappealing – I just want to be done as fast as possible!
Enter: Burritos and burrito bowls. 2Chili favors burritos, whereas I really just like the filling with some brown rice or bulgur. I threw this recipe together the other night from ingredients we had on hand, and it met both of our requirements! 15 minutes start-to-finish, and delish!
Black Bean Burrito/Burrito Bowl Filling
Time Required: 5 minutes to chop veggies, 10 minutes to cook
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut)
- 2 small zucchini, chopped into quarters
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Optional: Top with your favorite cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper and sauté until onion softens up, about 3 minutes
- Add corn, beans, and seasonings, and sauté until cooked through, about 3-4 more minutes
- Add salsa and sauté 2-3 minutes
- Serve with brown rice or bulgur, or roll into a burrito for a portable meal
Based on 4 servings without cheese.