Weekly Roundup: 3.18.11
I have lots of interesting content to share with this week, so let’s get right to it.
- Whole Foods Market Foodie Fantasy Contest – If you are a food blogger, you might want to check this out. Personally, I am not feeling like making or editing a video, but, if you’re so inclined, it could be fun – and there is a free trip to Europe on the line.
- Two Brilliant Kitchen Tricks (and a recipe) – Eating Rules. You. must. click. this. link! Andrew shares a brilliant (really) trick for making home fries, but I don’t want to give away the punch line. It’s so simple, I honestly couldn’t believe I never thought of this.
- How to Beat the Salad Bar – New York Times. First off, the NYT is going to start charging for its content again, boo. Secondly, these are good tips. I am a big fan of the Whole Foods Salad Bar – those darn green bowls get me every time – but I try to select items that are “light” because it adds up fast. I never really thought about approaching it from a “how much it costs” in the market perspective.
- How to Substitute Alcohol in Baking and Cooking – Cheap Healthy Good. I rarely want to open a bottle of wine for a recipe, so I generally sub veggie broth in whatever it is, but I hadn’t thought about recipes for baking that call for hard liquor. There are some good tips in here!
- One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two – How Sweet it Is. We rarely have cakes or cookies around the house – it is just too dangerous – but this is a great idea from Jessica to make just two cupcakes.
- Reminder: I’m giving away a copy of the Cafe Flora Cookbook. Pop over here and make a comment to enter. Really! It’s that easy, and your odds have never been better on a blog giveaway, of that I’m very sure!