Friday Favorites: Easy French Bread Pizza
Sometimes, when it’s been a long day (or week) at work, a double workout day, and I just don’t want to figure out the answer to the “what’s for dinner” question, I rely on an old fallback. French bread pizzas are a home run for my finicky companion, and, they let me easily make two varieties so we’re both happy.
Whenever I tell 2Chili we’re having French bread pizzas, his eyes light up like a little boy, and he pretty much always says “oh, good!” I bet you a million bucks he does not realize he always says “oh, good!” but it makes me smile.
Lately, French bread pizza night has consisted of a BBQ chicken or plain cheese variety for 2Chili, and a spinach and mushroom variety for me. The options are endless here, and the only thing stopping you is your imagination!
Easy French Bread Pizza
Time Required: 15 minutes, start to finish
2Chili’s Taster Rating:
Makes: Any number of servings, it’s up to you!
- 2 slices of French or sourdough bread
- ¼ cup part-skim grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup low sodium pasta sauce (jarred pasta sauce is super high in sodium, so be on the lookout!)
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread 2 tablespoons pasta sauce, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, and ½ tablespoon parmesan cheese on each slice of bread
- Top with your preferred toppings. Ideas include pineapple chunks, spinach and mushroom, sliced tomatoes and basil, black olives and onions. For BBQ chicken, replace pasta sauce with BBQ sauce and top with baked chicken breast strips.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned
This will vary based on your bread and toppings. I based this on two slices made on this bread, with the above ingredients and spinach and mushroom toppings.
- Calories: 446
- Total Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 23.8mg
- Sodium: 654.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 67.3g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 10.7g
- Protein: 22.6g