Easy Olive TapenadeAngela | February 25, 2014
Before we get to today’s recipe, thank you all for your outpouring of support recently about my “letting go” of all the bad stuff that has happened with my knee. Your kind words and encouragement mean the world.
Now, for today’s main topic: Olive tapenade. Sounds so fancy, doesn’t it? It doesn’t look all that fancy. But, when verbalized, it sounds very elitist!
The truth is, olive tapenade is really easy to make in any food processor or Ninja Blender. My take on this spread includes sun-dried tomatoes, but you can certainly leave them out. Same goes for the capers. Some people like capers, some don’t. If you don’t, ditch the capers!
You can use this recipe in all sorts of ways – for a dip/spread, in sandwiches, or, how I use it most: On top of a salad as the dressing.
Easy Olive Tapenade
Makes: About 1 cup, serving size is 1/4 cup
Best Ninja Jar Choice
- Ninja Pulse: Standard jar with standard blade
- Ninja Professional Blender: 72 ounce jar with standard blade
- Ninja Kitchen System: Food processor bowl with standard blade
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System: Food processor bowl with standard blade
- 40 pitted Kalamata (black) olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste (you shouldn’t need salt with all the sodium from the olives)
- Add all ingredients to the jar of your Ninja Blender or food processor
- Pulse 5-6 times to get started, then, use long pulses to thoroughly combine, probably for about 30 seconds. You can also steady state blend on low or “1” until the mixture is combined