TKT Flashback: Delicata Squash Oven Fries
I love Fall. The air is crisp, the leaves start to turn, the sweaters come out, and, winter squash starts appearing in the store. While it technically is not quite yet Fall, the winter squash has started to appear!
I was thrilled to find Delicata squash on our Whole Foods run over the weekend. Last year, when approximately 2.7 people read this blog, I wrote about my favorite way to prepare the squash: making oven fries. Since it’s highly likely you weren’t one of those 2.7 people, I wanted to repost this idea because I just love it.
The original post is here, but, I highly recommend you try these! If you see a squash that looks like this:
You can easily turn it into this, and have fries without an ounce of guilt at all.
Test Kitchen Tuesday Delicata Squash Oven Fries
Downloadable Word Document Recipe
Serves: 2 (One serving = 1/2 of the squash)
- 5 minutes to prepare squash
- 40-45 minutes to roast
- 1 delicata squash (organic if you prefer, as you can eat the skin)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Wash squash thoroughly, as you can eat the skin once roasted; Pat dry
- Microwave squash on high for 2 minutes to soften the skin
- Cut in half and remove seeds
- Cut off “tip and tail” of squash
- Cut into thin strips about .5” wide
- Lightly salt and pepper if you prefer (I did not)
- Place on lightly sprayed cookie sheet
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, until the fries have reached your desired level of brown-ness