DIY No Bake Coconut Macaroons
I didn’t realize this fact, but 2Chili informed me last week that macaroons are all the rage right now. He also explained the movie plot of several of the best picture nominees for this past weekend’s Oscars. Clearly, I have been living under a rock!
In any case, I have been on a quest to make a reasonable facsimile of these Hail Merry Macaroons I found at Whole Foods. Good is just not even a strong enough word to describe how good they are!
I decided I needed a dehydrator to do this project, and honestly I got sidetracked along the way as I was dehydrating lots of fun stuff! But, I finally came back to the macaroons, and, after a couple of tweaks, have a recipe for you.
Truth be told, you don’t need to dehydrate these. You can simply make them, form into balls, and refrigerate. But, if you want to dehydrate for more of a “cookie” feeling, go right ahead! While we’re being truthful, you may as well count on this recipe making one or two less than it says, because it’s hard to not “sample” as you roll them into balls. You’ve been warned!
Simple Raw Coconut Macaroons
Makes: 16 macaroons
Best Ninja Blender Jar Choice:
- Ninja Pulse: 40 ounce jar with standard blade
- Ninja Professional Blender: 72 ounce jar with standard blade
- Ninja Kitchen System: 40 ounce food processor bowl with standard blade
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System: 64 ounce food processor bowl with standard blade
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (use 1/2 cup if your coconut is unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter or manna, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or Ninja Blender jar
- Pulse 8-10 times to combine
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- Roll into balls and dehydrate for 4-6 hours
- Alternatively, you can just put them back in the refrigerator as rolled balls, no dehydrating required!