Random Friday Thoughts–February 8
It was a “working getaway,” but very good to recharge the batteries a bit and take in some sunshine after a particularly dreary last couple of weeks in Seattle. We brought bikes and skis and did a little of both, and got in some hiking and running too. It’s entertaining to pack for this kind of getaway – I had a suitcase full of sporting goods, and only a few clothes. An unexpected rip in the knee of my jeans meant an emergency trip to the GAP for a replacement because I stupidly only brought one pair.
I took this self portrait climbing up Mt. Diablo on my bike. Mt. Diablo is a mammoth of a hill that climbs about 3800 feet in elevation over 10 miles (from the side we rode). It was a doozie going up, but very fun on the way down.
In other news, for the first time in my life, I was very close to being attacked by cows! While on a hike in Sunol, we came across a grazing bunch of cows (thankfully no bulls), and they were not at all happy to see us. The story had a happy ending, but we both saw visions of being chased up a tree by an angry herd of cattle. What a story that would be: “Out-of-towners chased up a tree by…cattle?!?!””
Here are a few other bits of randomness for you:
- If you live in California and like Kombucha, beeline it to the closest Raley’s because they have GT’s and Synergy brand on sale for 2/$5 right now – a steal!
- We spent a few days this week at a cabin in the woods in Fish Camp, a little dot on the map (population: 200) which is stone’s throw from Yosemite. It was somewhat stormy while we were there, but still beautiful as always. 2Chili spent a lot of time as a boy in the park, so he knows it very well. His great grandmother actually lived in Yosemite in an area called Wawona. If you have never been to Yosemite, try to go someday – it is truly something you have to see in person.
- While at the cabin, I learned that claw foot tubs are not all they are cracked up to be, my cell phone gets better coverage in the woods than at our house in the ‘burbs, and, having only a Roku device instead of “real” TV is not something that is workable for us. On the bright side, we saw many, many old episodes of Frasier, which is utterly hysterical. Never mind that we watch it in syndication all the time – something about continuous play back-to-back episodes was amusing.
- I am looking for a new cleanse to review, so if you have any ideas or requests, please toss them my way! It’s been about 3 months since I did “Be Well,” and after being away for a week, I’m ready to detox a bit. I’m thinking I may do the “3-day Reboot” from Reboot with Joe. Any other ideas?
- Thanks to those that have provided infused water flavor suggestions for trying out in the Aqua Zinger. You guys are much more creative than I am! Expect that review sometime next week, along with a fun surprise!
And, I think that’s it for this week. As always, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll leave you with this photo from Half Moon Bay, where the sun was just setting into a perfect California evening. If we were made of money, I would make 2Chili move to Half Moon Bay, no question!