Chocolate Energy BallsAngela | October 7, 2014
It’s been a while since we’ve done an energy ball recipe around here, and this one is a no-brainer: Four ingredients = [healthy] chocolate goodness.
I really like these for a dessert that tastes good but is all natural with no junk or refined sugar. You can leave them on the “chunkier” side, like I did, or blend them smoother – whatever floats your boat.
These are a little like my raw brownies, but take even fewer ingredients. Enjoy!
Chocolate Energy Balls
Makes: About 10 balls
Recommended Ninja Blender Jar:
- Ninja Pulse: 40 ounce jar with standard blade
- Ninja Kitchen System: 40 ounce food processor bowl with standard blade
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System: Mini prep bowl with standard blade; If not available, 64 ounce food processor bowl with standard blade
- Ninja Professional Blender: 72 ounce jar with standard blade
- Ninja Ultima: Not recommended, but if you do, make sure the quad blade is inserted
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 10-12)
- 1 cup raw pecans or pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Add pecans Ninja Blender or food processor jar
- Pulse a couple times to combine, and then blend on “2” for about 30 seconds until you have a fine meal (do not take to nut butter)
- Add dates, cocoa powder, and salt, pulse 2-3 times to combine, and then blend on “2” for 30-60 seconds, until fully combined
- The mixture will be fine “beads” that are easily pressed together – just press into balls